Monday, January 24, 2011

Well, I've done it, drove the car from Northern California to Panama city and FINALLY sold her off at the border. It feels like a great accomplishment, an iconic journey on which I grew immensely. After lawyers, bribes and bent custom regulations I finally was able to run into Costa Rica with $US 2 000 in my sock, and hitch-hike 7 hours straight to the aeropuerto...
It was a plain ride of reflection for me as I ventured north into the depths of winter and thought about all the amazing experiences I had throughout Central America.

A day or two later I was greeted by a shivering Willy in a freezing Vancouver train station. After a few days exploring the sharp, modern and funkily Euro city - we hitched an internet ride (thanks craigslist.com) to the famous Whistler Mountain.

Some shots Willy snapped during a skate round the city


No comments:

Post a Comment