Monday, November 8, 2010

Tiempos de Tapachula

We´ve really been getting into the groove of Tapachula, surfing deserted waves all morning, devouring ¨tacos con carne asada¨ then heading back and organising the 58 kids in the afternoon, often just the two of us. It can get pretty hectic trying to wash, feed and supervise four different age groups with different schedules, but flashing back to the mornings oceanic delights gets us through just fine.

Walking the kids to the different schools in the morning must be a peculiar sight for the locals, I have never been stared at so much in my life! A big mob of skipping, running or wrestling latin kids, herded by a tall scruffy lad with long ratty blonde hair and colourful surf attire. Sometimes I´ll have two of the micro groms holding my hand while I´m shouting at some of the others to get off the road. The afternoon collections are just as crazy, I´ll be trying to gather everyone to walk home - asking some how school was, while interupting the conversations to yell ¨Jonny, alto molestar Yimmy...Eh Ene y Albi, Vamos aqui ahorita!¨. It makes me appreciate my upbringing so much more...

No comments:

Post a Comment