Friday, November 4, 2011

HAM'S BACK ON THE HIGHWAY



Its been a turbulent last few days trying to get into the air and back on the highway in the sky. As Mum said - bad things happen in threes - and she was rite - again!
1 - I found myself missing a flight waiting for a passport sitting stagnantly in the uncontactable Indonesian Consulate in Sydney. Mum eventually tracked it down for me and I had to cough up $340 to get a next flight courier to make this Friday flight.
2 - After getting freaky on Saturday night for Halloween at Jimmy Chylls place - my wallet was left with my shoes (who needs em!) amongst bottles and spray cans - resulting in 3 or four days stressing about my lost hip companion…
3 - After FINALLY peacing out - my tyre blew out in spectacular fashion at 120km/h driving towards the Goldy airport!








As I'm writing this in the departure lounge of Cooly airport - I look around at chattering Javanese families with chubby kids, women in neat Muslim veils, a few typical Bali party goers with shit tattoos - and a mixed bag of other travelers - young and old. I haven't been to Indonesia for over a year, Java for over two years and this will be my maiden voyage to the mystical Sumatra. All my recent travel memories are peppered with Spanish phrases, meat and tortilla dishes and long cross country drives. Though I know when I step out into the muggy heat and hear that constant noise that is Jakarta - de-ja-vu will sweep my mental. Im just really keen to sit on a little blue plastic stool a street warung laughing with the Ibu, pondering a pungent and colourful nasi campur with a side of djagung and sambal. It will be followed by a glass teh botol and rokok kretek for my stinging lips.
Yes - I'm back in the zone...

During the passport uncertainty I did face the option the option of calling off the trip and continuing my well paid job as a chippy labourer - it seemed desirable to have more savings for when I return to Argentina in february. But I remembered how the best and most exciting times Iv experienced are when Iv been waltzing with bankruptcy!
Ill be damned if Im mixing concete when I can legitimately afford to e max chilling on equatorial jungle fringed beaches surfing fun reef runners all day!



No comments:

Post a Comment